After an embarrassing system glitch, Yahoo is forced to admit that a “clerical error” had incorrectly given the Round 14 win to Da Fury instead of the Festivus Miracles. Any suggestions that this change-in-result was due to Larry’s position as the League Administrator (and was owed – quote – “some favors from the boys”) were vehemently denied. Apparently the offending clerk, a mid-level C# function from San Jose, was fired as a result.
This win has a HUGE impact on the league. In no particular order:
– The REGULAR SEASON championship now goes to the Festivus Miracles
– GotaBeats have gotta beat the Squad to get to Larry in the finale
– The Miracles have to beat the fast-rising Gnomes to get to the finale to get beaten by the GotaBeats
– Thunder rises to 5th, now faces Giallorossi in the Snuggle Bowl
– Da Fury drops to 6th, now faces the Sophomore Slumps
– The Lemmings and the Tromps enter litigation against Yahoo.com, to recover lost dignity and self-respect. Lawyers are quietly hopeful.
There was some initial concern that the league’s underpaid and underskilled writing staff had “blown a gasket” upon learning of the change, but confirmation that others had also experienced the incorrectly posted previous score (plus a few quick shots of early-morning Bundaberg Rum) helped them get back on track.
Final standings for the regular season (barring any more ‘adjustments’ to the system):
1: Festivus Miracles [10-4] 1455 pts
2: Practice Squad [10-4] 1321 pts
3: GotaBeatLarry [9-5] 1416 pts
4: Nittany Gnomes [8-6] 1289 pts
5: Thunderball [7-7] 1204 pts
6: Da Fury [6-8] 1278 pts
7: Sophomore Slumps [6-8] 1228 pts
8: Giallorossi [5-9] 1332 pts
9: Le Trompe-loeil [5-9] 1237 pts
10: Lemming Chasers [4-10] 1309 pts